Garment Designer for Windows or Macintosh is a garment design program that allows you to create patterns for both sewing and knitting. It includes libraries of ready-to-wear body measurements, or you can input your own measurements to create a more custom fit. While you work, you can see the shape of your body (the sloper) sitting inside the pattern you are building.
The process is simple.
- Choose the size you want to work with (built-in or custom)
- Select the category of clothing (top, dress, skirt, pant, etc.)
- Choose your desired garment styles (neckline, armhole, body style, etc.)
- If you like, edit the points through click-and-drag, to customize either the fit or the style.
- The built-in pattern smarts keep armhole/sleeve and neckline/collar combinations in sync with each other.
- The symmetry function helps make changes to the pattern in all the corresponding places at once.
- Add any extra style items such as collars, pockets, etc.
- Sewers may then add facings, hems, seam allowances, as desired.
- Knitters will input their gauge.
- Print schematics, patterns, and/or knitting instructions.
Visit the Cochenille Design Studio web page to find out more.
Download a FREE DEMO
Garment Designer Style Sets
Style Sets are optional plug-ins to Garment Designer which add more style options to mix and match with existing styles.
Style Set 1 provides with 45+ additional style elements (basic tops, boleros, vests, necklines, armholes, etc.).
Style Set 2 contains 50+ additional style elements (body styles, neckline, skirt, pants, scalloped hems, etc.).
Purchase Garment Designer and Style Sets
As I am now retired, please contact your local distributor, or Cochenille Design Studio directly.