Recently completed projects.

I have completed some projects recently. First, I knitted an oversized sweater in Noro Silk Mountain yarn. I measured some oversized sweaters I bought from the Sarah Duncan store in Bath (sadly no longer there). Based on the tension I obtained switching with this yarn, I used Garment Designer to plan and calculate the stitch […]

New upcycled garments

I recently made myself a couple of recycled tops. The first is a grey t-shirt based on Marilla Walker’s Sailors Top: The second is a tunic based on the Mandy Boat-neck Tee from Tessuti:  

Updated machine covers

I recently purchased a new sewing machine. It is somewhat larger than my old one, so the machine cover I made just over a year ago did no tfit it. It seemed a shame to get rid of the cover after I had put in the effort to make it, so I converted it into […]

Tank Top with Racer Back – Garment Designer Pattern

  Someone recently asked about making a pattern for a tank top with a racer back. Here is how I would do this using Garment Designer. Start with a Contoured top, Sleeveless, with a Scoop neck and a Wide neck style & choose the level of fit you want. To narrow the shoulder strap, select […]

Recycled Sweatshirt

I recently recycled ('upcycled') a sweatshirt that no longer fitted me. I bought it many years ago, and couldn't bear to dispose of it because I love the image on the front – a design of 3 cats by Laurel Burch. I removed the ribbing at the neck, cuffs and hem, and opened the sides […]

Appliance covers

I decided my kitchen appliances needed covers, so I measured them and made patterns using the 'shapes' feature in Garment Designer. I used the seam length details to make sure the pieces would fit together. I found some fabric in Dunelm Mill which was wadding and a plain broadcloth bonded together, to use as the […]

Tight sleeved wedding dress

When this dress arrived, the bride was alarmed to find she couldn't easily fit her arms into the sleeves, and when they were forced on, she couldn't raise them. I have added gussets to provide extra width, and to allow more movement. Luckily, the skirt needed to be shortened so I could use the fabric. […]

Letting down a hem

I recently let down the hem on a sequinned cocktail dress. Before making a garment longer, you need to make sure that the old hemline will not show. With sequins, there will not be a permanent crease or a wear line so all was well here. The original hem was finished with a strip of […]

Another machine cover underway

I have made a start on another machine cover, this time for my overlocker. I have worked out what size to make it, and made the front panel using a crazy patchwork design.     Posted with Blogsy

Claiming my blog on Bloglovin’

<a href=””>Follow my blog with Bloglovin</a>